Monday, June 27, 2011

Rockpool Bar & Grill Perth, Burswood (Round 2!)

DINNER FOR TWO, SUNDAY 26TH JUNE | http://www.rockpool.com/

So this poor food blogger had all four of her wisdom teeth removed and was subsequently deprived of all solid and decent tasting food for two weeks. During this time, all I could do is read cook books and reminisce of the amazing food I’d had recently. I also whinged a whole lot to my better half and along with the help of a pouty face and some sad eyes, he made a promise that as soon as I could enjoy food again he would take me out for another dinner at Rockpool as a treat for being so brave (really, he just wanted an excuse to go back but who am I to argue?!).

I won’t go in to detail about the delightful food we had (again) for round two but wanted to make a quick post with some photos. I would’ve taken more but I was too excited and we had eaten half our meals before I remembered to take pictures! Apologies for the bad quality as well… I forgot my digi cam so took them with my mobile phone. It’s the thought that counts!

Photobucket

CANDLE LIT ENTRANCE

Photobucket

PEPPERMINT TEA AND CARAMEL POPCORN

But just to let you know, I took full advantage of my free meal and ordered the 200g Wagyu Sirloin ($119). Overpriced? Maybe. So mouth wateringly awesome that I’d order it again. OH YES!

A special shout out to our wonderful sommelier, Michael, as well. He really knew his stuff, helped us pick the perfect wine and for the first time, D and I shared a bottle of wine over dinner together (a long time dream of mine). Thanks champ!

x Caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment